Balmain DFC (the Club) aims to provide a safe and enjoyable environment for all Members participating in football. Everyone involved in our sport should be treated with respect and dignity and be free to participate without being discriminated against, harassed, bullied, or abused.
- The Club does not tolerate direct and indirect discrimination, unwelcome verbal or physical conduct, or any unreasonable behaviour directed to an individual or group of persons
- The Club is dedicated to the safety and wellbeing of all children participating in our sporting activities
- The Club supports the rights and wellbeing of any child, its staff, and volunteers, to ensure a safe environment for whoever participates in any Club activity
- The Club takes all reasonable steps to ensure that only suitable and appropriate people are engaged to work with children. This is achieved using a range of screening measures, primarily the NSW Working With Children Check
- The Club requires that all members engaged to work with children adhere to the Balmain DFC Child Safe Code of Conduct Policy.
Balmain DFC’s Member Protection Policy is part of the Club’s ongoing commitment to ensuring there is an inclusive and safe culture for our members, which safeguards them against any forms of harassment and abuse in football. The Policy applies to everyone involved in the activities of the Club, whether in a paid or voluntary capacity. Specifically, this includes but is not necessarily limited to, all employees, members, volunteers, parents, and spectators, as well as sponsors or other guests attending Club events. The Policy covers all matters directly and indirectly related to the Club and its activities. It also covers private behaviour where that behaviour brings the Club or sport into disrepute or there is suspicion of harm towards a child.
Download the full Balmain DFC Working With Children check Policy (pdf) – currently under review