Player registrations for 2021 winter season are open. Please contact your Age Coordinator if you have any questions.
If you are looking for information about ordering player kit from Ultra Football, please look here: https://www.balmainfootball.com.au/kit-ordering-faqs/.
Please read the information below carefully before proceeding. If you need to contact an Age Coordinator, you can find their details here: https://www.balmainfootball.com.au/age-coordinators/.
As of 12 March 2021, there are only very limited spaces left in select age groups. Please contact the relevant Age Coordinator for more information before registering.
Despite the delays and interruptions caused by COVID-19 during 2020, we managed to retain our fantastic player base and put on a season of football that was well received and mightily enjoyed by all. Acknowledging the patience and loyalty of our members, and recognising 2020 was a shortened season, the Balmain DFC Executive Committee unanimously decided to discount player registration fees for the 2021 season. A discount of 10% will apply for U6 and above (except for All Abilities), and will be automatically applied at the time of registration.
|Age Group (age turning in 2021)||2021 Fee after 10% Discount (for U6 and above only)|
|All Abilities (5-21yrs)||100.00|
|Tiny Tigers (4-5yrs)||100.00|
|6 – 7|
|8 – 12|
|13 – 18|
|U21 & WIL (17-21)|
|Adult Students (18+) registering as Senior Players|
|Senior Players (All Age, O30, O35, O45, O50)|
The Club provides a family discount of $50 per child for the registration of second and subsequent siblings (U6 – U18 only). Details on how to apply for the family discount are detailed in the section “How do we receive the family or student discount?” below.
Online registrations for Winter 2021 will open in early January for players in all age groups except All Abilities. Registrations for All Abilities will open in mid to late January (the date will be published on this page during January). Registrations for Coaches and Team Managers will also open in early January.
All Players (or their Parents/Guardians) must read and confirm acceptance of the Code of Conduct when processing registration.
Priority is given to returning players who register & pay prior to February 1 (although a place is not guaranteed), then new players on a first-come, first-served basis until all teams in the age group are filled.
Due to continued lack of training and playing space in the Inner West Council area, we are unable to guarantee acceptance of your registration.
Click here to go directly to the Balmain DFC Registration Portal when you’re ready to start the registration process. Make sure to read the details below for details and instructions before proceeding.
Please remember to obtain your Active Kids Voucher(s) – if applicable – BEFORE you start the player registration process for your children. You will be asked to enter the voucher number during the registration process. Details on how to obtain a voucher are in the “Active Kids Voucher” section on this page.
It’s very important players register in the correct age group. For juniors, age groups are based on the age a player will turn during 2021, regardless of which day or month. For example, a player born 14/01/2008 turns 13 in 2021 and will therefore play in the 13s.
New players registering for the first time will need to create a Football Account in the Play Football system– this is separate to your FFA number and everyone will need a Football Account. If you have not registered an account in Play Football before, use the same email address as for the previous MyFootballClub system, as it will allow the new system to find your FFA number/profile and prompt you to link it to the new system during registration.
If you already have a Football Account then you can sign in with your existing details. During the registration process, if you have an existing FFA number/profile you will be prompted to link it to your Football Account. For those registering their children, you will be able to link your children to your account if their old MyFootballClub accounts used the same email address as your new Football Account.
Click on any of the items below for more detailed instructions on how to register in Play Football:
- Creating a Football Account (use the same email address as for the old MyFootballClub system)
- Balmain DFC Guide – Self- Registration – Player
- Balmain DFC Guide – Self- Registration – Coach-Manager-Volunteer
- Play Football Guide – How to perform a registration on behalf of a family member (e.g. your CHILD)
- Details on the Working With Children flow.
Some helpful video guides from the Play Football website:
- How to re-Register if you HAVE registered before on PlayFootball (already HAVE a Football Account)
- How to Register if you have NOT registered before on PlayFootball (you do NOT have a Football Account yet)
Photos will need to be uploaded when individuals register in Play Football:
- Photos for all Players and Team Officials will be mandatory at the time of registration in the new system, otherwise they cannot finalise their registrations.
- All players registering in 10s and above will require photos to be added to their profiles before ID cards will be issued.
- Photos may sometimes fail to load into the profile. If this happens, check that the file meets the specified parameters and try uploading it again.
- Click here for a guide on how to upload a photo to your profile.
To check on your registration status (and those of your linked accounts), or to view and edit your Play Football profile, follow this link: https://user.playfootball.com.au. You can also upload or change your profile photo here after registration if required.
Proof of ID
All new players (or those who haven’t yet provided it) will be required to provide a proof of age document. This will be followed up separately to the initial registration process.
Play Football Support Contacts
Please use the following options as a first point of contact for any questions/issues with the Play Football system:
- Web: Play Football SUPPORT PORTAL – there are lots of guides and information on this website
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: (02) 8880 7983 (Monday-Friday 9am – 9pm, Saturday 10am – 3pm – during the Registration period)
Junior players can now take full advantage of the NSW Active Kids Voucher Program – a $100 rebate on club registration fees for each school-aged child. Details on the NSW Active Kids Program: NSW Office of Sport
Please note that refund of the Active Kids voucher is not possible: Once an Active Kids voucher has been applied to a registration, neither BDFC nor Service NSW are able to provide a refund of the $100 voucher if registration is cancelled or modified for any reason, including for change of mind or mistaken redemption. You should carefully consider use of your voucher if there will be any reason for you to consider cancelling your registration.
Our guide to applying for the Active Kids voucher: Balmain DFC NSW Active Kids Voucher Guide
Important Season Dates for 2021 (subject to change)
- April 9/10/11: Season starts for U8 and above
- April 24: Tiny Tigers Launch Day at Callan Park Waterfront
- April 25: ANZAC Day
- No fixtures for Tiny Tigers and U6 to U11
- U12 and above will have fixtures scheduled to begin after 12pm.
- April 26 – Coaches & Managers Information Night U6/U7 (Online)
- May 1/2: Season starts for Tiny Tigers, U6-U7, & All Abilities
- June 13/14 Long Weekend:
- U8-U11 – CDSFA Mid-season regrading
- No games for U6 to U11 & Tiny Tigers
- Fixtures for U12 will be scheduled
- TBA: BDFC Coaches & Managers Night
- June 29-30 & July 1: Balmain DFC Holiday Clinics – Week 1
- July 4-9: Kanga Cup – Canberra
- July 3/4: Middle week of School Holidays:
- No games for U6 to U11 & Tiny Tigers
- Fixtures for U12 will be scheduled
- July 6-8: Balmain DFC Holiday Clinics – Week 2
- August 21/22: CDSFA Presentation Round (U8-U11)
- September 21-23: Balmain DFC Holiday Clinics – Week 1
- September 28-30: Balmain DFC Holiday Clinics – Week 2
2021 NSW Public Holidays
- Australia Day – Tue Jan 26
- Easter: Friday April 2 – Monday April 5 (first weekend of school holidays)
- Anzac Day – Sun April 25
- June Long Weekend – Mon June 14
- October Long Weekend – Mon Oct 4
2021 NSW School Holidays
- School begins: Thursday Jan 28
- Autumn Vacation: Mon April 5 – Fri April 16
- Winter Vacation: Mon June 28 – Fri July 9
- Spring Vacation: Mon Sept 20 – Fri Oct 1
The base registration fee includes:
- Ultra Football voucher for player uniform:
- New players: the voucher covers the cost of a full playing kit (shirt, socks, shorts)
- Returning players: a $25 voucher to use on club gear in the Ultra Football BDFC Club Zone
- Football Federation of Australia (FFA) player fee
- FFA Processing Fee and GST
- Football NSW player fee and insurance
- CDSFA player and team fees
- Match Official (Referee/Lineperson) Fees – (U10 – Seniors)
- Ground hire fees for training fields and match days
- Team Training Kit/Balls + Match Balls (to be returned at end of season)
It’s very important that players register in the correct age group. For juniors, age groups are based on the age a player will turn during 2021, regardless of which day or month. If registering for the 2021 season for example, a player born 14/01/2008 turns 13 in 2021 and should therefore register in the 13s.
You can use the table below as a guide.
|Age turning this year||Age Group to register in|
|4 or 5||TINY TIGERS|
|6||6 MIXED / 6 GIRLS|
|7||7 MIXED / 7 GIRLS|
|8||8 MIXED / 8 GIRLS|
|9||9 MIXED / 9 GIRLS|
|10||10 MIXED / 10 GIRLS|
|11||11 MIXED / 11 GIRLS|
|12||12 MIXED / 12 GIRLS|
|13||13 MIXED / 13 GIRLS|
|14||14 BOYS / 14 GIRLS|
|15||15 BOYS / 16 GIRLS|
|16||16 BOYS / 16 GIRLS|
|17||17 BOYS / WIL (Women’s Intermediate League)|
|18||18 BOYS or U21 MEN or ALL AGE MEN / WIL or ALL AGE WOMEN|
|19||U21 MEN or ALL AGE MEN / WIL or ALL AGE WOMEN|
|20||U21 MEN or ALL AGE MEN / WIL or ALL AGE WOMEN|
|21||U21 MEN or ALL AGE MEN / WIL or ALL AGE WOMEN|
|22+||ALL AGE MEN / ALL AGE WOMEN|
|30+ (Female)||ALL AGE WOMEN or O30 WOMEN|
|36+ (Male)||ALL AGE MEN or O35 MEN|
|46+ (Male)||ALL AGE MEN or O45 MEN|
|51+ (Male)||ALL AGE MEN or O45 MEN or O50 MEN|
During the registration process, you will have the opportunity to specify which team or friends you (or your child) would like to play with. This will be taken into account when the Age Coordinator is putting the teams together (please note this only applies for non-graded teams).
You can also contact your Age Coordinator directly to let them know of your preferences.
Graded players must register with the club by the dates noted below to hold their place with the club. Players must meet the requirements below :
- Returning players that meet the following criteria are prioritised but not guaranteed a place in a team in the new season
- Considered ‘returning’ if you have played with the club in the previous season and complete registration by February 1
- If the registration is not completed (including payment) by February 1, returning players will rank equally with new players.
- Graded players will have been offered a position in a Graded Team by the Registrar, Technical Director or Development Committee
- Graded players must complete their registration by January 22 otherwise their position on a Graded team may be withdrawn
- New players who do not take up their offer to join a Graded Team will be subject to the same rules of registration as any other new player
Players are considered “new” if they have never registered with Balmain DFC, or did not play for Balmain DFC in the previous season. Players that registered and paid the previous season but had to subsequently withdraw due to injury are considered as returning.
New players must consult with their Age Coordinators to determine team placement.
On payment, a date and time stamp is placed on the player record to enable first come, first served policy to be implemented. Players who have registered but not paid will not be guaranteed a place in a team until full payment is received.
The Club provides a family discount of $50 per child for the registration of second and subsequent siblings. To qualify, all siblings must be registered in U6 to U18 age groups. Apply for Family Discount.
The club provides a $50 rebate for currently enrolled full-time students (18+) who have paid the full adult registration fee. Apply for Student Discount.
To withdraw from the competition and request a registration refund, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. The club will provide refunds in some situations.
The club will provide a full refund of the registration fee if a playing member cannot be placed in a team for that season.
When members withdraw their registration, they may also be eligible for a refund. The amount of the refund is based on the request date of the withdrawal.
|Request Date for Refund||Refund Amount|
|By January 31||Full refund less uniform cost if the player has ordered a club-funded kit.|
|By February 28||Registration fee less a $30 administration charge and the uniform cost if the player has ordered a club-funded kit.|
|By March 31||Registration fee less a $60 administration charge and the uniform cost if the player has ordered a club-funded kit.|
|From April 1 or after Round 1 (whichever is the earlier)||No refund|
The official date used to determine a refund is the date of the email sent to the Club Registrar.
Yes, the club does consider hardship situations and may offer a payment plan or waiver of part or all registration fees for those in genuine financial need. Applications should be submitted to the club Treasurer at email@example.com