Balmain & District Football Club was established in 1970 and has developed into one of the largest community football club in Australia with over 2,500 players. We are a volunteer-driven community club that encourages participation and celebrates achievement at all levels.
Balmain DFC covers both male and female players and ranges from 4 year-old Tiny Tigers to our Over 45s teams. Playing in the Canterbury & District Football Association the Club welcomes players of all skill levels, from beginners and social players to graded youth teams and All Ages teams competing for the Bill Brackenbury Cup and Grace Martin Trophy.
Our club is one of the first clubs to introduce an All Abilities team, catering for children with special needs.
The Club offers a year-round youth development program, which includes around 700 children attending our holiday clinics each year. During summer, we also have over 500 youth players participating in our small-sided competition.
The Balmain DFC Executive Committee has an important responsibility to support our member growth through a sustainable operating structure and strong governance disciplines. Our strategic plan sets out five core objectives that guide growth and improvements across the club:
- Offer year-round opportunities for anyone to participate in football and have fun regardless of age, ability, or background
- Provide adequate field space for teams to train and play throughout the year
- Provide an inclusive development program with clear pathways for youth players
- Attract and support an active volunteer group that brings passion, commitment and skills to our club
- Strive for operational excellence, with ongoing continuous improvement.
The Executive Committee delivers the strategy through member-supported projects. If you would like to get involved, please consider a role on our sub-committees and contact the relevant Executive Committee member.