Lucas Pacheco – Head Coach
Lucas was born and raised in Brazil, and has long been developing his coaching abilities over the past 10 years. In his early years of football Lucas enjoyed much success as a player in Brazil playing on many levels. He has played since early ages both indoor and 11-a-side, representing his University for four years as a player where they won a championship and finished second place. He also played on several teams at an amateur and semi-professional level in Sao Paulo state.
Lucas started coaching 10 years ago in a project for the poor kids of the favela and felt the same passion as when he was playing. As a coach he tries to bring a little of the Brazilian style of play, the “joga bonito”, and enjoys guiding the players to improve their skills and love for the game. In his time with Balmain & District Football Club he has coached the U16s for two seasons, finishing second in the first season and as Premiers in the second. He is also the Head Coach of the club and responsible for the club’s Development Program.
- 2009 – 2010: Coach (indoor) in Sao Carlos for a government project on the Favela
- 2011 – 2012: Sports Instructor for Costa Cruises
- 2012: Coach for Upton FC (UK)
- 2013: Coach for Kickeroos and Maccabi Hakoah
- 2014 – 2016: Coach for Balmain & DFC, Sydney Boys High School and SCEGGS
- 2016: Head Coach of Balmain DFC
Radim is a coach and former physical education teacher, before he came into Australia four years ago. He also played soccer at a high level in his home country of Czech Republic, playing in the 2nd league for Sparta Prague. While playing professionally he also finished his master degree in Sports Coaching, specializing in soccer coaching. He likes to work with kids and prepare challenging soccer environmentsfor them, with a focus on coordination, quick thinking and ball mastery.
- 2012 Goalkeeper coach, SK Slavoj vyšehrad
- 2012 Goalkeeper Coach, Petr Kouba Academy
- 2014 Consultant of the prep. period for goalkeepers SK Slavoj Vyšehrad
- 2014 Creating training strategies for Petr Kouba Goalkeepers Academy
- 2014 Main advisor and coach in Petr Kouba Goalkeepers Academy
- 2015 Beach volleyball coach for Sydney, NSW, Australia
- 2015 Head Coach for Surfvolley, NSW, Australia
- 2015 Head Coach for Pagewood Botany FC, Girls U7-U12, NSW, Australia
- 2015 Goalkeeper Coach, Australia, 24/7 Goalkeeping, NSW, Australia
- 2016 Coach, Skill Development Program Coach for Balmain DFC
Roger was born in Brazil, and moved to Australia in 2005. He has been involved with soccer for many years, as a player, as a coach and as a referee. He grew up in Sao Paulo and played Futsal and 11-a-side at a high level. Roger played for his University team in São Paulo for the duration of his degree (4 years) where they won two championships and were also runners-up in his final year.
Roger is very patient with kids, and has outstanding knowledge of the game. Being a very technical player, when he coaches older kids, he likes to teach them technical skills, but most importantly, how to “play smart.” He does whatever he can to make the players understand the game, and how to be smart on the field, think quickly, make quick decisions, and not to “panic.” In his opinion, “soccer is also a game of patience”.
Roger has been working with Balmain for two years. Some of his previous coaching experiences in Sydney includes Waverley College, Queens Park (winners of U14 – 2015), a few Futsal teams, and private coaching (one-on-one).
Valerio has extensive experience as both a player and a coach at youth and senior levels. As a player, he started in his home town, Sesto Calende, Italy and played for the U.S. Sestese Calcio since when he was five. He grew up in the Serie A club Atalanta B.C. from 10-15 years old and then begin playing for Primavera of A.C. Milan. As a professional, he has played in Lega Pro, (the third professional national division in Italy) with Legnano 2005 and Serie D with U.C. Venegono. He also played in Switzerland for A.S. Novazzano in Seconda Lega and recently in for Cooma Tigers FC in Australia’s PS4 National Premier League.
Valerio started his coaching career in 2010 as the coach for U11 and U12s. He has served as a coach for the Football Mundial Academy (FMA) in Sydney, and continues to also coach at Cranbrook High School and SCEGGS Darlinghurst.
- 1999 – 2002: Atalanta B.C (AC Milan) (Player)
- 2005 – 2006: AC Legano (Player)
- 2006 – 2007: UC Vegano (Player)
- 2007 – 2012: U.S. Varalpombiese/A.C. Castellettese (Player)
- 2012 – 2015: A.S. Novazzano (Swiss)/A.C. Besnatese/Cooma Tigers FC (Australia) (Player)
- 2009 – 2011: U.S. Sestese Calcio (Coach U11/U12)
- 2011 – 2012: A.C. Castellettese (Coach U11)
- 2012 – 2013: A.C. Besnatese (Coach U16)
- 2014 – 2015: Strathfield/Fraser Park (Coach via FMA ACADEMY U15)
- 2014 – 2016: SCEGGS (Coach Primary/Juniors/Seniors)