Balmain DFC will be running grading sessions from Tuesday 14 November to Sunday 26 November 2023 for junior players who wish to be selected for a graded team. The grading sessions will be held at Lambert Park Sportsfield, Leichhardt and Waterfront Drive Sporting Ground, Callan Park.
Players need to check the grading schedule for the times and locations for their age group and complete the online registration form. All previous Development Players also need to complete the registration.
REGISTRATION FOR GRADING CLOSES 9pm Monday 13th November 2023
Players MUST complete the online registration to participate in the grading process. Pre-registration enables the set-up of software used to complete the evaluation and selection process. Players who do not pre-register will not be allowed to grade. Registration closes 9pm Monday 13 November.
If the number of registrations received for a particular age group is not sufficient to form a graded team for that age group there will be NO grading session for that age group. If this is the case, anyone who has registered for that age group will be informed once registration has closed.
All players need to attend the grading session scheduled for their age group, please note, some age groups have TWO grading sessions. Players who are unable to attend one or both sessions still need to complete the online registration and must contact their Age Coordinator to discuss their circumstances.
** Players can only be registered to trial for a single age group – multiple registrations for different age groups are not permitted. **
Before you register:
Accepting a place in a graded team requires additional commitment. Players & parents need to be aware they will:
- Be required to train twice a week with the club’s Development Program. (From 2024, U13-U16 will also have two sessions with the development coach)
- A cost is applicable to this program, which is separate to (over and above) the standard player registration fee for the Football Canterbury season. 2024 costs and schedules for Development Programs will be available prior to offers being made
- A $240 non-refundable deposit for the DP will be payable to accept a place in a graded team. The remaining $240 is payable two months later
- Be required to assemble at least 30 minutes prior to kick-off for all matches
- Be required to assemble at least 10 minutes prior to training sessions
- Understand and agree to the behaviour policy
- Need to make themselves available for pre-season trial games and Football NSW tournaments including State Cup and Champion of Champions (U13-U16)
- Ensure you have read the Grading Terms & Conditions which can be found here.