Submit your away results electronically
When there is a risk of damage to pitches or injury to players, fields may be closed for play by local councils, clubs or referees.
- The club will use Facebook to notify wet weather closures of training and home grounds s soon as they are known
- For weekend matches on away grounds, updates are posted by CDSFA. If a field does not have a CLOSED status against it then it is deemed to be OPEN
- It also pays to check local council hotlines or websites for the most up-to-date ground status
Note: During wet weather, grounds may be closed at any time- even once you have arrived at or started a match.
Match times are available:
For U8 & above: through Canterbury District Soccer Football Association (CDSFA) scheduling tool Compman
The home team provides a match sheets for games from U8 up. Match sheets are pre-populated with all players registered in a team and are used as a record of the game. They must be completed, signed by both managers and game officials and submitted by Sunday night of the weekend the match is held.
Match sheets are available by Friday of each week
Direct printing of match sheets from Compman is now available.
- Go to Compman and enter the user name and password supplied by the club
- Select ‘Competitions’ and then ‘Match sheet print’.
- Enter the date, club, age group and team details.
- Uncheck the ‘exclude club away games’ checkbox if you are expecting an away match.
- Select print and your match sheet will be generated for printing from your device.
- A printable instruction sheet with screenshots is also available
Important points for match sheets:
- All players must be recorded on the match sheet with their shirt number
- Players without a physical card present cannot play, regardless of whether they appear on the match sheet
- Injuries are to be recorded on the match sheet to enable processing of insurance claims
- Details of the match sheet need to be complete and correct including scores, winning team, signatures and borrowed players
- Referees and Managers must agree and sign-off the completed match sheet.
Match sheets returns:
Game results can only be recorded once a match sheet is submitted to the club, and there are fines imposed by CDSFA for late submissions of scores that will be passed onto teams. All results must be submitted by 5.00pm of match day.
- For Home games: A paper match sheet must be returned for all home matches
- For Away games: You can submit your results electronically or return a full paper copy or away team portion of the match sheet.
Match sheet drop off locations:
- Callan Park (Sat or Sun by 5:00pm)
- Easton Park (Sat or Sun by 1:00pm)
- Birchgrove Oval (Sat only by 1:00pm)
Match day checklist for Managers/Coaches
Before you leave for the game
- Confirm the time and location for the match in Compman
- Check on wet weather status
- Print the Match sheet
- Have your referee payment sheet
- Have the correct money for referees
- Have all the player cards
- Have your manager card around your neck
- Have a match ball
Before the start of the match
- Strike out absent players from the match sheet
- Add any borrowed players to the match sheet
- Ensure all players shirt numbers are recorded
- Pay the referees & get them to sign the payment sheet
- Hand id cards to the players 5 minutes prior to the match commencing
After the match is completed
Match Official Payments
Payments are made to Referees and Assistant Referees by each team for games from U10 upward.
Payments are made by Managers or Coaches prior to the commencement of the match and must be evidenced by a Match Official Payment form signed by each official paid.
All Reimbursement Requests must be accompanied by copies of signed Match Official Payment forms.
Ensure that you keep copies of all documents until you have received reimbursement. It is recommended that signed Match Official Payment Forms are photographed or scanned after each match in case of loss or damage. Claims that are not supported by a signed Match Official Payment form will not be entertained under any circumstances.
Reimbursement Requests will be processed monthly – do not submit requests after each individual match.
Reimbursement Requests for matches taking place prior to 31 August 2018 must be submitted by 30 September 2018. Reimbursement Requests for matches taking place after to 31 August 2018 must be submitted by 30 November 2018. Late submissions will not be accepted.
Match officials’ fees are a significant expense for the Club and must be well managed and auditable, therefore:
NO EXCEPTIONS TO THE ABOVE WILL BE ENTERTAINED
Coaches and managers are urged to read the CDSFA Judiciary Disciplinary & Appeals Regulations, to understand actions that can lead to the CDSFA issuing the club with a fine.
Where CDSFA issues the Club with a fine, the responsible player, coach, manager or team will be required to pay the fine (and in some cases an administration fee) to the Club.
When a fine has been incurred by a team, it is the responsibility of the manager to collect. Payments may be deducted from match official reimbursement requests, or paid directly to the club where this option is not available. If you believe that there are mitigating circumstances you must advise the Club in writing.
Common fines & charges for teams:
• Red Card – $50
• Replacement ID card – $20
• Ineligible Player – Team Registration Fee
• Late or No Notice of a Forfeit – Competitive – $110
• Late or No Notice of a Forfeit – Non-Competitive – $55
• Match Sheet Late/Not submitted – $10
• Match Sheet Incomplete/Incorrect – $30
• Electronic Results Late/Not submitted – $110
• Playing Strip Incorrect/Incomplete – $110
• Ground Official Not Visible – At least $110
Our player pages provide more information on CDSFA fines and charges
It is a CDSFA requirement for clubs to provide a ground official for each of their home grounds upon which a match is being played. Each year, all BDFC teams are asked to provide 6 adult volunteers to complete ground official duty for one morning or afternoon. The ground duty schedule for all teams is issued at the start of the season and our team managers are asked to coordinate the roster for their team.
Ground officials support the game by:
- Making themselves know to the referee before the start of the match
- Ensuring that spectators stay behind ropes and fences and do not enter the field of play
- Ensuring that the area behind the goal is kept clear at all times
- Ensure that no persons including coaches and managers enter the field of play until signalled by the referee
- Assist the referee as requested at any time
- Ensure that the consumption of alcohol or smoking does not take place in the immediate vicinity of the playing field until after the completion of the last match.
When a team doesn’t have the required number of players to play a match, there are two options:
- For junior teams, additional players may be sought from a younger age group. Players are permitted to play for teams up to two years above their age. They must bring their player id card to any match and be entered on the team sheet where they are filling in for another team. Coaches or managers should contact the age coordinator for the appropriate age groups to seek additional players
- Forfeit the match. Teams are required to notify the club’s competition secretary email@example.com by the following times:
- Midday Wednesday for a Saturday m